Friday 19 February 2021

We think we figured out our son's condition who experienced what seemed like seizures weeks ago now, though we are still officially waiting on the doctor's explanation.  Back in 2020 he figures it was actually due to anxiety that he was experiencing with school and a variety of stressful situations he found himself in.  It goes to show the power of the subconscious mind.  Then in the new year he started experiencing symptoms that felt flu-like, though it wasn't covid- he was tested regularly for his job.  When he went in to see the doctor, they discovered mono - a virus that wipes you out .  We, as non-medical people, are convinced the seizures he experienced were directly related to that as since he has recovered he has no other symptoms and hasn't had an episode again like that.  As well, he is doing much better in handling his school-related stress, so all in all we think it was just a bizarre time and are grateful he seems ok.  The doctor did say that was probably going to be the case.

We are now into another season of Lent.  I try to ignore it in a way every year when I know it is coming.  I don't really want to sacrifice, give anything up or try to be more disciplined.  But as the day approaches year after year I find myself unable to avoid it as there is always something to pray for more intently, always an area in my life where I long for more discipline, and so, somewhat reluctantly I give in and I find myself on day 3.

The kids are now in the habit themselves and are now choosing things to give up in the name of seeking the Lord.  This is amazing to me as I didn't even broach it with some of them.  They came to me telling me what they wanted to do.  I'm excited to see what God is going to do with them.

We are dreaming constantly about the farm, the winery, a market garden, the courses RM is offering, all the entrepreneurial things we want to try - so that is a big thing we are praying for.

Without really intending to seek it out, verses daily jump out at me and I'm recording them as my "verse of the day".

Numbers 24:21 says, "He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob, nor has he seen trouble in Israel.  The Lord their God is with them, and the shout of a king is among them .  God brings them out of Egypt and is FOR THEM like the horns of the wild ox."  This was such an encouragement to me.  God doesn't see misfortune in my future, nor does he see trouble.  He is with me and brings me out of Egypt.  He is FOR ME.  This is not to say bad things won't happen, they might, but they won't be things that surprise God, they'll be things he has allowed always for my good, because HE IS FOR ME.  I think this is why I am still ok with how God has worked in my son's life.  Not getting in to a Canadian medical school wasn't an act of misfortune or trouble, but a way of directing my son potentially somewhere else.  He is now considering international schools, such as an Australian med school - so another thing to bring before the Lord.

Genesis19:29, "...God remembered Abraham...."  God had destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, but He remembered Abraham and saved Lot.  My prayer is that God will remember me during this time, whatever that looks like.

Numbers 26:9, "....who contended against Moses and Aaron in the company of Korah, when they contended against the Lord."  These are the men who went after Moses and Aaron questioning their authority.  They thought they were going after Moses and Aaron when in actuality they were going against God.  This encouraged me, too, as the battle is fierce sometimes and Satan comes against me, but this reminded me that in actuality Satan is fighting God, not me and He is much greater at handling the battle, so I can rest in how He will fight for me, even when I get discouraged and I feel like He is not working, I know He is.

Once again and as always, grateful for the Word of God as my only source of truth.  Looking forward to great breakthroughs during this season yet again.



















No comments:

Post a Comment