Wednesday 29 July 2015

I Can Prove the Existence of God

I have so much proof for the existence of God and I don't even have a Ph.D.  The way I see the most obvious proof is through the way He so specifically answers my prayers and those of my friends.  I'll share one example that has happened recently.

In my own life, I can feel pretty overwhelmed by the amount of cleaning that has to go on.  Order is something I long for but often can seem out of the realm of possible, even with Chore Packs, just because of the number of children I have, the type of life we live on a farm surrounded by hay and manure, etc., etc....I try to keep a general sense of order for sure, and the kids definitely help, BUT, there have been many days, let me repeat, many days, where I have stood in the laundry room, surrounded by laundry, messy cupboards, dishes in the sink around the corner, children crying and I am near tears, when suddenly I just cry out, "Lord, help me!  Help me do these things that seem so impossible!  I can't get on top of it!  Send help!  Can't you please send help?!"  Never once did I think He would actually send a cleaning lady, though I did maybe hope.  I wasn't sure what help even looked like.  I figured it was probably just learning to cope better or perhaps continuing to train the younger ones who weren't quite as on top of it like the older ones.

Then, one day, Jen came over. My daughter was in her wedding in June.  Things have settled down and now she's at home where her husband is happy to have her not work at this time, but instead encourages her to volunteer wherever she is so inclined.  At first this was a little hard for her as she was used to working, so she spent her time cleaning and organizing their new home.  She came over and we talked about how things were going.  She wasn't exactly sure how to be spending her time.  I sensed she needed purpose for living so I said, "Let me give you purpose for living!"  I'm not sure that she knew what I meant, so I explained how I ALWAYS need a little extra (or a lot of extra) help around here.  Suddenly her eyes lit up.  "You mean like cleaning and organizing or doing laundry?"  "Uh, yeah...," not knowing this could actually make someone's eyes light up.  "I LOVE doing laundry and cleaning!  You should see how organized I am!"  I looked at her with my eyes lit up now.  "Are you serious?  Would you come help me?"  "Sure, where should we start?"  I gave her a tour of my home, which to me, wasn't so bad, but she was very dismayed and clearly saw her super powers could be used here.

With that, it was decided.  She would come as often as she could, stay for an hour or two and then keep coming!  The next week, much to my shock, she came.  That week she just washed my dishes and cleaned my kitchen.  That was a big enough job in itself.   After that, she organized the cupboards in my mudroom.  Unbelievable.  The next week it was my fridge.  I clean my fridge more often than perhaps even the average person, but I have more kids and more food than the average person, so there is always a spill.  That was a HUGE task.  The sweet thing in this whole Jen miracle is that whenever she comes, my little 7 year old is her right hand woman.  She cleans and talks with her the whole time, getting things she needs, delivering other things.  It is such a special relationship that she has with her.  Then, usually, right before Jen leaves we have a quick marriage debrief and make sure all is well.  Perhaps being an ear for her is one way I can give back.

This is how I know God exists.  He answers my prayers in ways so specific to me that it is really inexplicable except that their is a supernatural Being that loves me, knows me and shows me.  I'm amazed. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. God is good; all the time and you wrote about that...because HE IS and when we believe it....what a difference. oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete