Wednesday 18 January 2017

More Mom Quotes

I always have some winner quotes, that come from ME, not my kids!

Yesterday, I had a couple of doozers.  Please remember, these are always said in jest!  If someone were to read these out of context, it would sound really bad!

Upon asking my older girls to pllleeeassse clean up the hall/bathroom upstairs multiple times, this was what they heard me say,

"If you want me to turn into a werewolf, I can turn into a werewolf."  Nice, eh?

At that point, one of my kids will usually shout out, "Write that one down!"

Or how about this one...my girls and I went out with my sister and her girls for a cousin date last night.  My sister was offering to shop with my daughter as she had just had a birthday.  As we were leaving the store and running to the car in the drizzling rain and cold, my oldest shouted out,

"I call shotgun!"

"No!" my next daughter shouted back.  "You had it on the way here!"

"It's my birthday!" shouted my daughter in retaliation.

Now, to be fair, I turn birthdays into full week events....for myself.....and usually just for the week before!  Once the birthday day is over, it's over.....However, this girl, whose birthday was a WEEK ago, keeps pulling out the birthday card!  She'll say, "I ate fries today, but it's my birthday" or "I spent this money, but it's my birthday".  I had just about had enough of this birthday stuff, so in the middle of the dark parking lot, I shouted out (something to this effect anyway....)

"YOUR BIRTHDAY IS OVER!!!!!" Again, nice, eh?  We are pretty sure the whole parking lot heard me!  We were all laughing our heads off though.  What a great mom.

I write down the cute things my kids say, my kids write down the ridiculous things I say.  My daughter actually has a place on her phone where she records my funny lines.  It's hilarious.  Those will definitely come back to haunt me some day.  Probably at my funeral.  Oh dear.

Nothing too deep here today....just reflecting on my funny life....we'll see if I want to turn into a werewolf or not today or if I cancel anymore birthdays!


1 comment:

  1. You're a good mom - I mean look at your cleaning bash on Sat. and you like it !!! Your two families got together - how nice and on an awful weather night. We have to look on the lighter side of life as it has enough heavies of its own - ALL of you keep your sense of humor going. Scripture uses it too. oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete