Tuesday 27 March 2018

Dogs and Snowy Owls

Once again, we, and I mean in the royal sense of the word, are expecting!  Our dog, that is.  I heard a few gasps over the internet!  No need for panic!  We just got the good news yesterday.  In the words of the vet, "She's loaded!"  Don't know how many pups that means, but all I heard was, "You don't have to worry about your son's tuition next year!"  I should always add, Lord willing, as we know enough by now to not rely on man's strength, or a dog's strength.  Lord willing, by faith, the puppies will help pay for his tuition!  All that to say, we are excited!  The amazing thing about dogs is how short the gestation time is - just 64 days.  So, even though we found out 100% yesterday, we will see new puppies in just a month's time!  I don't think I'm ready for this.  I still have 14 cats in the house.  Ahhhhhh!!!!

We are spending more time outside recently and have been noticing a lot of cars slowing down.  We always have cars slowly driving by our house.  We never know what it means and, I hate to say, it usually makes me concerned.  They've slowed down because our dog is on the road, or a cat, or a chicken, and even a cow and horse!  So, I usually go to, "Oh no" in my head.  But there are other times where people are driving by and just taking pictures, of the cows, the horses or even just the view.  That's ok.  I can handle that.

But lately, we've had actual wildlife photographers out.  We have observed since we lived here that we have snowy owls on the property.  There is a nest nearby and at least 2 owls, maybe 3 with little ones, are flying around.  We started to notice just what time they come out and it is just before sunset.  Suddenly the sky seems full of these owls hunting all over the fields.  The photographer that came the other day stayed nearly an hour trying to get the perfect shot with their super long lens.  I was so grateful to be able to see them every day.  I don't have a good camera to prove these beautiful birds exist, but they do, and I just love it.  Another gift of nature from above.....




No comments:

Post a Comment