Monday 27 January 2020

God's Faithful Guidance

My oldest two girls had an amazing opportunity to go waaaay up north this past weekend on a retreat with a local Christian highschool.  That might sound strange, but through a connection at church we know the guy who is the spiritual director at the school and he knew my daughter was a pianist and asked her to play in the band all weekend.  This is the second time she'd done this and she absolutely loved it.  The worship leader always gets the highest quality musicians he can find and she says it's like  playing with Hillsong or Elevation Worship.  Did I mention SHE LOVES IT!!!  My next oldest daughter was also invited to come and knowing how amazing it had been last time we encouraged her to go. 

Being in nature I think was a highlight for both of them, but it was also being in the most worshipful setting on top of that which made it even more fantastic.  I knew it could have gone either way, either the girls would embrace my 16 year old or hate her, as girls at that age can be so petty.  Turns out they loved her!  Yay!  She came back with a handful of new "best friends". 

This next term she has a very unique opportunity to do a "co-op" very similar to what my son did when he was 16.  This will expose her to multiple fields that I could have never done on my own.  I'm so excited to see what God is going to do in her life.  Every time I get worried or a fearful thought enters my head, I am able to start reaching bank into my "faithful God" bank account.  I have SOOOO many example of His faithfulness and that takes the place then of the fear that tries to creep in.  "Remember how He guided your other child this way?"  "Remember how He answered your prayer then for that child?"  Yes, yes.  The sermon was on the feeding of the 5000 yesterday.  The pastor said that some people may say, "Well, God doesn't do that anymore."  He reminded us that, yes He does, in small ways EVERY SINGLE DAY.  We reflected as a family last night about the sermon and my daughter agreed, "We've had so many miracles in our life!"  I'm so glad she knows that! 

And, just to make sure I don't forget all these lessons on fear.....it just makes sense, I will be doing a talk on fear this Spring.  Ha, so funny.  That seems to be the new pattern - whatever I've struggled with ends up being the new topic that I write about.  But it's such a good way for me to solidify what I'm learning and never forget.  When I end up sharing it with others I become more accountable to the truths I've tried to learn myself.  That's seems to be the way God works things out in my life anyhow.

Meanwhile, a miracle keeps going on down the street with my neighbours.  Their marriage has been renewed.  Their family is on a completely new trajectory.  I'm in awe of what God is doing.  The husband is getting baptized in a couple of weeks.  Will I be there?  YOU BET!  My whole family will be there and I'll be bringing a BOX of kleenexes, guaranteed.  I can't even believe the miracle.  I pray they will write a book one day.  And I know praying and fasting will be at the heart of it.  The wife fasted until there was a breakthrough and boy, was there ever breakthrough!  So amazing. 

What will God do today?  How will He work?  I'm praying and watching for all the ways......



No comments:

Post a Comment