Friday 6 November 2020

The Wood Boiler Story

For a long time we've had a number of things on the property that we've wanted to sell.  I'm always amazed how the process works.  I see the things as junk, but others see the things as gold.  My husband is really good at writing great listings and knows the importance of good pictures.  It's amazing to me when someone comes and picks them and PAYS FOR THEM!  

Over the years my husband acquired so much stuff from his engineering business.  Many things he almost scrapped, but then at the last minute he would list them and, amazingly, they sold.  Today is another one of those days.  We bought a wood boiler years ago.  We had big plans that we were going to heat our house with wood and even our shop, but the plumbing required to get it going was so extensive we decided not to.  At times I felt it was such a huge mistake.  I had to keep myself from making my husband feel bad about making what seemed like a poor decision.  It was a lot of money at the time, but this is thing I love so much.  Instead of nagging, I've learned to trust, at least more than I used to.  I've learned to thank God for things I don't always understand and I wondered if this was going to be another one of those situations where God could turn something that seemed like a wrong decision into something for our good.

I think God has this way of banking our money for us, knowing we'll need it some day.  That is kind of what happened here with the wood boiler.  We bought it, never used it and it sat for years.  Then when covid hit, we listed all sorts of things that all sold, but not the wood boiler. But recently with the return of the cold weather, we relisted it and someone just bought it and will pick it up today.  We sold it for more than we bought it and will make good money on it.  Only God can do that.  Only God can take a purchase and allow what seems to be a mistake and turn it into a blessing.  We always seem to need that kind of extra income at just that moment with all the new grape expenses.  So I'm amazed, grateful, excited and it is a good reminder to trust my husband, trust God, and wait to see how He always turns things that make no sense to our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment