Tuesday 25 October 2022

Favourite Day Ever - the power of family

Yesterday has to go down as one of my favourite days ever.  First, back story. We often do this to ourselves - we create an impossible deadline and then we have to scramble to meet it.  This Grand Opening is a perfect example of impossible deadline.  Not enough time.  Not enough resources.  Too much to do.  Oh well, let's do it anyway.  Sure, why not.  Hey kids, we just booked a Grand Opening date.  All in?  Uh, what?!  But, Lord bless them, they're all in.  

One of the many things we had to do was get the bottom of the barn cleaned up.  I wish I could explain the bottom of the barn.  We are super amazing at moving junk around on our farm.  That's how we clean up.  We take it from one building and just put it in another because that's sometimes faster than removing it right away.  So bad.  When we cleaned out the building for the wine cellar we moved it to the other side of the shop.  Then, when we wanted to clean out the shop for the stained glass studio, we moved it to the bottom of the barn.  Now, we are cleaning out the bottom of the barn, we have no where to put it!  So we've forced our hand which is why it was my favourite day ever.  We were finally getting rid of stuff that I've wanted to get rid of FOREVER.  It's not quite done, but it's way better than it was before.  And the BEST part was we did it all together.  It was an eternal moment for me all day long.  I couldn't have been happier. I felt like I was in a dream.  As upset as my son is who still doesn't have a job, I was so grateful to have him home.  We're still praying for the miracle job, it hasn't happened yet.  My other son and daughter are on reading week.  That is another miracle from this week. We didn't plan that when we booked the event.  We should have planned it around that, but by God's grace we were given that miracle.  In fact, I'm even on reading week this week from my "school".  So all of us were down there getting black lung from all the dust, but I was totally loving it.  My husband was home since he has no job, my 3 oldest sons, my daughter and myself (the little guys were laying on couches sick with colds, sadly) and we were killing it in the barn.  The music was blaring, stuff was moving out of there and it was getting better and better by the minute.  It was like it used to be when the kids were young.  We all had a goal in mind and together we were getting it done.  It felt so good.  So, a favourite day because the property was getting cleaned up and also because we were accomplishing so much, having a fun time and it was as a family.  I was just thanking God all day.

Will we get it all done in time?  I sure hope so!  Only a few days left and lots still to do.....

2 comments: