Tuesday 31 March 2015

A Day of Blessings

This weekend was a recovery one for the family, especially after a tough week with church stuff.  I got a little "alone" time by attending a homeschool conference for the day on Saturday.  Still licking wounds, I was a little sensitive about seeing people or talking to people, but God seemed to have a plan and a path for me that day.  I was supposed to see people and I was supposed to talk to people that day. 

Right away I ran into a friendly face and a sweet baby whom I had never met since her birth, so that was sweet to see her in real life!  Then I did end up speaking with someone from church, but it ended up being very positive and encouraging.  As I was speaking to her, another friend showed up and literally just handed me something, saying, "This is for you."  We couldn't talk much at that moment, but I looked down and she had given me a beautiful tote bag with a devotional book in it - for no apparent reason. She had no idea that it had been a hard week (or series of weeks, really).  She had no idea who I was talking to at that moment.  I just looked at her and I knew God had sent her to me.

Then, I left that woman (this is all in the span of 5-10 minutes of arriving in the door), and I immediately ran into another good friend that I hadn't seen in months.  She also literally stopped the conversation she was having and also handed me a gift, saying it was for my son, a sweet little ducky-shaped homemade soap.  Another moment where God just came down and met me in a tangible way, with gifts from heaven!  "Every good and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights..."  So, I know it's true!  Those gifts were from heaven and unlike my life, that seems to change all the time, sometimes for the better or worse, including even my church situation, "there is no variation or shadow due to change" with God.  That's how that great verse in James ends.  Perhaps He allowed me to receive those gifts on that day where my stomach was tied up in knots to remind me of that.

As the day went on, more women came into my life that I hadn't seen in ages including one in particular who makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  Every time I see her I start smiling.  We joke almost the second we start talking.  By the time I've left her I've gained more laugh lines, but I always leave with such a happy spirit.

I had also prayed that I would be able to connect with some women about the "Chores" seminar I give.  I felt like it was a seminar that would benefit so many women and yet it was hard to get the contact information to the right people, so I asked that God would open doors.  Almost immediately I ran into two more women that looked oddly familiar.  They were staring and pointing at me, and that's when it dawned on me - I knew them!  They had been at the Above Rubies Retreat with me.  We had a great reconnection and sure enough, out of that quick meeting, I was able to get some contact names of people that would be able to potentially host a seminar. 

I had even prayed before I got there that I would run into one lady in particular.  I knew it was a big conference and I didn't actually know how I would find her as I hadn't ever met her.   I only knew her name.  She had turned down my seminar due to a miscommunication, I felt, and I wanted her to meet me in person.  That way I felt I could clear up any confusion.  I started to stare at people's name tags!  I didn't have to stare for long though.  Once again, I think God orchestrated the meeting, as I literally turned around after registering my daughter and the very person in front of me was this woman.  I introduced myself and simply asked if I could clear anything up about the seminar.  Right away the air was cleared and the next thing you know, a seminar was being booked for the fall - cool.  I was amazed.

On top of all this I attended some great seminars and bought some VERY EXPENSIVE books for my kids, but when I got home and my husband asked me how the conference went, I didn't tell him much about the seminars or the books, I told him more about how God had me in the palm of His hand all day.  Seeing friends that made me laugh, getting gifts from people that had no idea I needed a special touch that day, making new connections, clearing up confusion...... it was almost as if the conference was set up for me.

But I haven't even gotten to the best part yet.....I ran into my sister. 
"Did you get a call from Mom?" 
"Yes, but I missed it.  What's going on?"
"She booked her ticket!" 
"What????!!!!" 
"We' re going!"

For the past few days we'd been talking about getting away as sisters with mom.  We all felt like a little getaway would be fun and therapeutic.  We'd never done anything like this as a group of related women, now including a new sister-in-law, and at this point in time, we're all healthy, there are no babies in the situation, so it seemed the timing was right.  Mom had tried all sorts of options and we just couldn't seem to get anything to work.  Then, out of the blue, we found a place.... in Florida!  In their generosity, my parents are making it work - we're all able to fly on points and get away for just a few days.  I can hardly believe it!  And that was how my conference ended - knowing I was going to Florida with the closest women to me in my life!  Talk about another gift from God.

When I write it all out, I can hardly believe the day of blessings I had. It just wouldn't seem to end.  That sure doesn't happen every day, but at the same time, I think if I just would stop to recount all the things that went on in a day, I would see that God is always blessing me, in big and small ways.  My eyes were certainly opened to His kindness to me that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment