Thursday 8 October 2015

Hardly a Regular Week

So we got some slightly shocking news the other day..... my daughter's arm modeling career is over.  That's right, she'll never be an arm model.  Why?  Because of her broken arm!  It seems in the healing process, she acquired what is called "growth arrest" in one section near her elbow where it should not have healed.  This means her arm will never fully straighten now.  She'll always have one arm slightly bent.  No big deal.  We weren't planning an arm modeling career anyway, however, the doctor is now concerned more "growth arrest" could possibly continue to occur affecting her growth yet again in that area of her elbow.  Solution?  Surgery.  Uh, no.

I thought this was going to be the last appointment this past week.  It has now turned into more appointments!  Not happy.  However, it is another area to trust the Lord for proper healing. 

Silly things really bug me about going to the hospital.  Mainly the cost of the parking.  It is nearly $20 every time I go.  It feels like I'm throwing money away each visit.  I have to choose to not let it bother me.  I also can't stand the wait.... almost always 3 hours per visit for a 10 minute appointment.

This past appointment, I sat in the waiting room and I just prayed, "Lord, bring me someone to talk to."  I always hope it'll be someone I haven't seen since high school or from years ago, but this time, I go to talking with the lady beside me and it turns out she was from the same area as me in Niagara and is going to a church that is associated with one that we have been considering.  I had a chance to grill her with questions.  It was fascinating!  Of all the people God could have sent.  It was really neat.  Meanwhile, we still have not settled on one, so we trust the Lord for His clarity, too, in this area of our lives.

I also have self-proclaimed this week "Birthday Week".  I am not shy about announcing my birthday to my family.  I joke that each day something special will happen.  Not because people have to plan things.  I just look forward to what the week will hold, never knowing how things will unfold.  This week, oddly enough, I have had really neat blessings for the whole week.  Simple things, and perhaps it is just a regular week, but my eyes are more open to the blessings around me.

It started by attending our friend's Sound of Music Concert - amazing.  They performed with their violins and cello all the songs from Sound of Music as well as some singing of a couple of the classics with their whole family.  It was like I was at the Austrian concert hall!  Such a blessing to all who came.

The next day was the Above Rubies Retreat.  I could go on and on about that.  I've already shared what I learned with a small group of women and they were all determined to go and switch their kitchens around to make their family dinners work better, too!

Sunday was "Kitchen Renovation Day" and we had a lovely family over for the afternoon.

Monday was Doctor Appointment Day.  I had been gone for hours and when I came home, I walked into an absolutely spotless kitchen, candles burning and my daughter busying herself around the kitchen tidying as she walked.  I was speechless and said, "The kitchen looks so clean!"  She responded, "Birthday week!"  So sweet!  The day ended in pizza, so that was fun.

Tuesday was Hang Out With Husband Night, which I always enjoy, and Make Pie Night.

Wednesday, my daughter headed out to get some groceries for me.  She came home and I heard rustling of paper.  I headed back into the kitchen to find a bouquet of flowers - that girl gets Birthday Week!

Tonight, I'll head out for dinner with my sister and mom which is a tradition that I love.

Tomorrow, who knows, perhaps a dinner with my husband as I received a lovely coupon from his parents to go out.  We had hoped for a night away, but we have to pass this year due to our long holiday!  Makes sense.

So, perhaps it is just a regular week, but I'm just a little kid inside who was raised to love birthdays!  My husband doesn't have to worry about spending money though.  My gift list is all from the Dollar Store!  I just need a new colander/sieve with a handle that isn't broken!  So, truly, I'm easy to please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment