Tuesday 12 January 2016

A Reason For Scheduling!

Our two littlest boys sure give us a run for our money (ha, funny expression.)  We are constantly putting out fires with these two.  At 3 and 5, it feels like they are out to either make us older faster or perhaps keep us younger with all the running we do to keep up with them.

Last night, the older one was brushing his teeth and for some reason decided he needed to shut the door for privacy.  The 3 year old knocked on the door, "Open the door!"  "No!"  "Open the door!" "No!"  This went back and forth until finally, the 3 year old realized he was taller now and with that sudden realization that he could reach the light switch on the outside wall, he turned out the bathroom light on his brother and said, "Take that!"  Ohhhh, the screaming from the other side of the door.

That is what I feel I am constantly dealing with!  I woke up this morning determined to make their day a little more ordered.  I have been writing a seminar on scheduling your day and how to schedule your child's day.  I have written many schedules over the years for our family, but it always needs an update.  This morning I wrote another update, specifically with the little ones in mind.  I have noticed when they have work to do or they are helping their dad (specifically with this most recent reno), they are awesome!  They don't get into trouble, they are happy, they feel important!  So, I figured I need to give them a little more purpose in their life.

This is the whole premise of this latest seminar.  If your children are occupied purposefully, they will not be needing as much discipline!  I'm praying that this will be a quieter day with those two little rascals.

No comments:

Post a Comment