Friday 12 March 2021

Fortified Cities, High Walls, Gates, Bars and Pleading.....

If anyone saw our list of dreams and plans, they would say, "Impossible".  Both RM and I said that to ourselves even last night, "It's going to take a miracle."  I also said that I'm looking into getting a few more husbands as one just isn't going to be enough.  I basically need 7 or 8.  One for each child to help them accomplish what they long to do and as for me, well....we'll see.  Deuteronomy is my encouragement though.  Ch.3:5 talks about, "All these were cities fortified with high walls, gates, and bars, besides very many unwalled villages.  And we devoted them to destruction....."  That is basically my list of to-dos as well - fortified cities, high walls, gates, bars......all impossible things to take over.  Only God could help the Israelites take possession of lands that were protected with walls.  But they "took the all his cities at that time -  there was not one that we did not take from them."  Only with God's help could that have happened.  So I, too, commit my list of "fortified cities" asking God to help us take each thing on and "devote to destruction" in a different way.  I pray that I'll be able to cross it off our list and destroy it in that way.  It certainly seems impossible with just one husband, but at least I have one husband!  In so many ways he is like having7 or 8 as he is so capable!

Last night he finished teaching his first 10 week  online class - he now has had over 50 students since January.  What a gift that was.  He will start one more session next week and then he's done until the Fall.  We marvel at how that came about.  He managed to teach 3 nights a week, still work on his regular job, manage the winery, plan for a garden...oh, and last weekend he started working on the mudroom floor which he really hopes to have done by this weekend as we need to get some kids moved around again.

In order to touch base with each child, once in a while it has to literally be booked into his day.  This morning he's taking my oldest out for coffee just to talk one on one...it's the only way.

I take encouragement knowing my begging God for help isn't unusual.  Moses did, too.  In Deut. 3:23 it says, "And I pleaded with the Lord at that time...."  That's exactly what I do, pretty much on a daily, if not hourly, basis....I plead.  And I don't plan on stopping!

1 comment:

  1. Is anything too hard for the Lord? Never, so Lord your will be done with time, people, family, you both...Rom 8 says if God is for us who can stand against us. You are a majority. ox

    ReplyDelete